Tamar and Kat dig into consent as an important component of any healthy relationship – not just sexual ones. Join them to explore crucial questions like: What does a healthy relationship look like with a partner? How do you spot unhealthy relationships with peers or adults when you’re a youth in foster care? How can you be your own best advocate? No tiptoeing around it, Tamar and Kat share their experiences navigating these questions and more.
Guest: Tamar (she/her), former foster youth, RHEP Youth Advisory Board member
Content warning: This episode touches on topics that may be upsetting or triggering for some listeners, including puberty, experiences in health care visits, and past trauma. This warning is to empower listeners with the knowledge you need to make healthy decisions about how and if you should consume this podcast content. Don’t hesitate to use the resources listed in the show notes if you need support.
- Teen Talk: videos, games, and more to learn about and practice consent.
- RAINN: Free confidential 24/7 sexual assault and abuse hotline
- 988 Lifeline: For mental health support, call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- NNEDV (National Network to End Domestic Violence) – information about financial and other forms of abuse.
- Futures without Violence – Start Strong Campaign, including information about building healthy relationships
- CoolNotCool Healthy Relationships Quiz: What’s acceptable, what’s not? Is another person respecting your boundaries? This quiz will help you evaluate your relationships to see if they’re working for you.