SafeCamp Audio Network Elevates Child Welfare Podcasts
Nonprofit publisher launches new platform for podcasts on foster care, youth justice, kinship and more.
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. — Fostering Media Connections (FMC), a nonprofit media organization dedicated to child welfare and youth justice issues, has launched SafeCamp Audio, a new podcast platform for shows focused on topics like foster care, adoption, youth justice, kinship and more.
SafeCamp Audio was created to bring visibility to these important topics by making related shows accessible and easy to find. The network was made possible in part with support from Accenture as a founding sponsor.
“For the past decade FMC has been committed to informing an audience that needs accurate, timely information from a range of perspectives, including law makers, child welfare leaders, social workers and caregivers” said John Kelly, co-executive director of FMC. “We believe we can now serve as the hub for all kinds of great audio projects on these critical issues, and get them the attention they deserve.”
The SafeCamp platform allows visitors to donate directly to support their favorite shows, listen to episodes and follow on social media.
Inaugural member shows include:
- How is That Legal?, which breaks down specific examples of systemic racism in the law and policy and shares how we can all work together to build a future free of injustice.
- Unbelievably Resilient, featuring rich storytelling from those who have experienced foster care.
- Audio Nuggets, an interview podcast hosted by community curator Corey Best.
- Born in June, Raised in April, a show focused on the complexity of adoption.
- The Children’s Law Podcast, where veteran attorneys for children in foster care discuss key issues in the profession.
The Imprint Weekly Podcast, which FMC produces, will also be featured on the new platform.
SafeCamp Audio can be found on social media and at safecampaudio.org.
Twitter: @SafeCampAudio https://twitter.com/safecampaudio
Facebook: @Safe-Camp-Audio https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088144597740
Instagram: @SafeCampAudio https://www.instagram.com/safecampaudio/
About Fostering Media Connections
Fostering Media Connections (FMC) is a nonprofit news organization that publishes media and journalism to lead the conversation about children, youth and families in America. To do this FMC publishes a daily news site, The Imprint, and a print magazine, Fostering Families Today, as well as SafeCamp Audio podcast network, and runs a youth journalism training program called Youth Voices Rising. Learn more at fosteringmediaconnections.org.